French huguenot course in France (near La Rochelle)
Lingualearn offers a tailor-made Huguenot course in France (near La Rochelle). Each programme is designed to suit your particular needs. We can offer you just the right balance of French tuition and guided visits to help you learn some French and find out about the Huguenots.
The 4 main components of the package are:
- up to 20 hours of French lessons per week with a qualified and experienced native-speaker tutor; we start with a needs analysis to tailor the courses to your requirements
- up to 5 guided visits per week selected from: Protestant Museum, research using the Departmental Archives, market, swimming pool, wine-tasting, spa (including jacuzzi, massage and 2 relaxing treatments), cycling, beach, oyster farm, La Rochelle (old town and fortifications), Rochefort (naval museum), French film, library, mini golf, restaurant, boat trip around islands, casino, aquarium, maritime museum, brandy tasting in Cognac, L'ile d'Aix, L'ile de Ré (St Martin), and bird watching at "Marais d'Yves".
- self-catering accommodation in a 3-bedroom house in Châtelaillon-Plage (near La Rochelle) with a fully-equipped kichen, utility-room, enclosed garden and car-parking space, a home-stay with your French tutor, or hotel accommodation.
- a good selection of guides, phrasebooks and language learning materials (worth ~£100)
- Châtelaillon-Plage is a small sea-side resort about half-way between La Rochelle and Rochefort
- easy access by plane (Ryanair from Stansted and Flybe from Southampton), fast rail link (~3 hours from Paris by TGV) and road (~4 hours from St Malo ferry port)
- safe, sandy beach for children and swimming pool complex only 5 minutes walk from house
- modern spa/thalassotherapy institute with its own relaxation pool, hammam, jacuzzi and range of treatments only 10 minutes from house
- town centre with banks, shops and post office about 15 minutes walk from house
- lots of other fun activities and facilities on the Châtelaillon-Plage website (in French)
The exact cost of your package will depend on how many hours tuition you require, which options you select and if you go during low, medium or high season. Ask for a free quote now. The prices range from ~£1,600 to £3,000 per week + VAT. Here are some sample prices to give you an idea of costs:
e.g. 1 week in October (2013 prices): ~£1,600 + VAT for a couple and 1 child, includes 1 hours tuition per day, plus 2 guided visits to library and La Rochelle, plus welcome pack]
e.g. 1 week in November or Dec': ~£2,200 + VAT for a couple only [price per person per week = ~£1,100, includes 3 hours tuition per day plus 3 guided visits to film, winetasting and La Rochelle, plus airport pickup]
e.g. 1 week in January to May: ~£2,000 + VAT for a couple [price per person per week = ~£1000, includes 2 hours tuition per day, plus 3 guided visits to museum, winetasting and La Rochelle]
These prices include:
entrance fees during guided visits,
pack of guides and language learning materials,
but exclude food, drinks, travel and VAT. A welcome pack of groceries, use of bedding and collection from the airport or station are available for a small extra charge.
SUMMARY OF FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Sole use of 3-bedroom houseIndependence
Tailor-made courses Faster progress
Wide range of modern materials More motivating
Qualified native-speaker tutors Good accent and cultural knowledge
English-speaking qualified guidesLearn more, find out more
To get a quote for this French immersion programme, please complete a short online form in the first instance. Quotations are normally sent out within 72 hours.
All such packages are subject to our standard terms and conditions plus the additional terms and conditions for packages in France.