System Requirements v11
The install process checks that your system meets the minimum requirements; if they are not met, Dragon NaturallySpeaking will not be installed.
CPU: minimum 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel® Atom® processor. We recommend 1.8 GHz Intel Dual Core or equivalent AMD processor. (IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set required)
Processor Cache: minimum 512 MB We reccommend 2GB
Free hard disk space: 2.5 GB (2.8 GB for localized non-English versions)
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 and SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2 and SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2003 and 2008, SP1, SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows Vista™ or Windows Vista™ SP1, 32-bit and 64-bit
RAM: minimum 1 GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista, and 2 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003/2008. We recommend 2 GB RAM for Windows XP and Windows Vista, and 4 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003/2008 64-bit
Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 6 or higher (free download available at www.microsoft.com)
Creative® Labs Sound Blaster® 16 or equivalent sound card supporting 16-bit recording
DVD-ROM drive required for installation
Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone (included in purchase). See details at support.nuance.com/compatibility/(includes Bluetooth microphones, recorders, and Tablet PCs).
Note: An internet connection is required for product activation (a quick anonymous process).
* This edition of Dragon does not support dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition.