Listening to music is an entertaining activity which can help
students learn the target language and culture. Music
and songs can be used in many different ways; here are a few
- A little music in the target language can relax and motivate you
- It can help to create the right atmosphere for more "serious" learning
- Students can study the lyrics of songs or try to write them down as they
- You can also read lyrics out aloud, sing along to the music, or invent
- The lyrics of some songs could be the starting-point for a discussion or
a piece of written work.
- Learn a song by heart helps to memorise useful phrases, particularly
songs with repetitive lyrics
- Try translating the lyrics of a song into your mother tongue
Whatever approach you adopt, the
vast range of music available in most languages is a valuable resource for
stimulating and enjoying the learning experience.
LINKS (in alphabetical order)
Buena Vista Social Club
Official website for the cult documentary on Cuban musicians and
to the best latin American music sites
Biography, discography, videography, concert schedules, photos,
opera roles, media articles, and reviews for the Spanish tenor.
Iglesias, Enrique Official site
for the pop star following in his father's footsteps
Official site, in five languages. Official
Julio Iglesias International Fan Club , Passion:
Julio Iglesias Includes lyrics and links.
Iglesias, Julio Jr.
Official site. The latest news, audio...
Manu Chao Very impressive
site from the unique spanish singer reflecting his worldview,
like his music in Spanish, French and English
- songs, puzzles and travel phrases
Ricky Martin Official
Shakira Official site for the Latin superstar
in Spanish and English
Links - Links to Music and Art and more